My personal Online Footprint



















My personal online footprint is about average bigger than most of the baby boomer generation, and smaller than the millennials, the small children about age eight probably have an equal amount of social media presence as I do. I worked in the cyber security industry for my internship this summer and the amount of smaller kids and people in there 40’s that have a big impact on the internet actually shocked me, I thought my own generation Z would have the most in this area. The social media sites that I use consist of Instagram, Snapchat (although I am boycotting that at the moment), LinkedIn, blogger, Gmail and Facebook as I had a cookie business run throughout my FB profile. I have put out pictures, retweeted links and sold lots of cookies which would be linked to Children’s National Hospital In Washington D.C.
A visitor could learn that I attend High Point University in High Point NC, they could know that I am doing an internship at a company called Grocyber, I am a sophomore and I am double majoring, I have six siblings, my name is Emily, I ran my own business for charity when I was in High school and today I love to travel the world, they would know that I played soccer when I was a kid and went to Briar Woods High School. My media presence is big and does have an impact on my digital footprint today. The private information I have voluntary given out is my phone number, my email and my FB page link, address, as well as my name I have given these out to buy things, to sell cookies to apply for college and to receive emails.

I took and English class my first semester of college highlighting does social media make you lonely and I watched this TED talk by Sherry Turkle, yes I do believe with the innovation and new creation and advancement of these technologies and social media as well as the technology these devices that social media is used on such as iPhone, iPod, laptop, apple watch they can have an impact on bullying, loneliness, depression, and can hurt us. By taking away the thought just talking to your friends and families in person, eating a family dinner, going on a date without social media, going outside and social media living life not through websites and new apps. Technology is hurting us more than helping us our for example, necks always bent down causing scoliosis and fingers  and noses always tapping away and deep in our phones causing bad vision and wreck our eyes, arthritis for our joints. So put your devices down and go hangout in the sunshine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crystal Ball, Thoughts on HPU

Helicopter Parenting is it a Modern Day Issue?

The Television Presentation