Crystal Ball, Thoughts on HPU

A sparkling rainbow of colors swirled within white-gray fog.  The fog began to part.  There within that crystal ball, my future lay before my eyes.  So many times this fall of sophomore year I’d been asked What do you want to be when you grow up?  A glimpse of what would be aligned perfectly with the vision I’d had for myself. 

It’s a beautiful autumn day, not a cloud in the sky, but the air crisp with the promise of colder days to come.  With excitement and anticipation, my footsteps make noise as they stir up the fallen leaves.  It’s my second year at the High Point University (where did the time go?), and I see myself on my way to the physical therapy clinic on campus, the school of communications and the long trek to the school of business....dreaming about what senior year with the crisp fall leaves will bring me.  I know myself.  Through years of soccer, I’d been on the receiving end of PT more than once, but this time, I’m the one providing the helpful exercises, the ads found in magazines will be mine, advertising many different products and services for big Fortune 500 companies, and the business degree thats so versatile will soon belong to my name I feel as if its so close but so far from my hardworking  clutches.  

The fog returns, and the vision disappears.  Soon enough, though, the fog lifts once more and I see myself in the library, pouring over anatomy and physiology books.  I’m determined to tackle a problem…how best to help my “client” with the painful shoulder.

Once again, the crystal ball fills with fog.  This time, as the fog dissipates, I’m leaving the Uber car to meet up with friends in the city.  Oh, the things this city has offered me over the past three years!  It’s fed my social needs, my curiosity, and my sense of adventure. 

Staring into the crystal ball, it begins again…the fog with its swirling colors.  With its parting, there I am, in my dorm room.  Sitting on the bed with my back against the wall, I can see I’m in a reflective mood.  Yes, there’s a journal on my lap.  It’s a journal holding who I was and how I’ve changed over time.  Nearing the end of my academic journey, I’m proud of myself for being so loyal to this journal.  It shows how I’ve evolved into the young woman I am today. 

I’m no longer the anxious, uncertain freshman who wasn’t quite sure what lay ahead.  I’m now the more confident sophomore who’d learned all the ins and outs of college life.  I can’t wait to be a serious junior who knows exactly what she wants out of life.  Following the self-assured senior who knows she is blessed to have had such an excellent experience at the High Point University.  Know thyself.  I know I have much more to learn and do, but I know without a doubt that I will strive to make a positive impact on others throughout my life, whatever life throws my way. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Helicopter Parenting is it a Modern Day Issue?

The Television Presentation